"Knill Court was well-known for its attractive setting. The dating of the house is unclear but parts may have dated back to the 14th century. A 1794 sketch shows an unpretentious three-bayed house with little landscaping. It was modernised c.1846, the gardens replanted with shrubberies, and a twisting drive laid to the N.
The 1846 tithe map shows pleasure grounds between house and church, and a walled garden. The 1833 OS 1" map and Bryant's 1835 county map both show a small park. The house was modernised again in 1867, but it is uncertain whether any changes were made to the gardens. A sale catalogue of c.1900 shows that the Court was now divided from its estate. It mentions 6 acre pleasure grounds, three tennis lawns, an Italian garden, flower beds, rhododendrons, two kitchen gardens, a forcing house, gardener's cottage and potting sheds.
The house was destroyed in a fire in 1943 when in use as a school, and the gardens abandoned."
Source: Historic Herefordshire Online: Knill Court