The first Bushey Hall was a fine house built by Thomas, Earl of Salisbury in 1428. It was pulled down around the time of the construction of the second Bushey Hall.
After the Earl of Salisbury, the house and estate passed through various unknown people for the next 270 years until it came into the possession of Sir George Walker. On his death it passed to Sir Robert Marsham, bart., who, in 1701, sold the estate to Thomas Ewer. Again, the estate vanishes into obscurity until it came into the ownership of Edward Marjoribanks - a local landowner since at least 1839 - who decided to build a new house on another site in the estate. The first Bushey Hall was probably demolished around the time of the construction of the second Bushey Hall in 1865 - though there are some suggestions it was demolished in the first half of the 19th century.